The optiTruck project hosted a webinar on ‘Challenges facing predictive Powertrain technologies’ on 6th February 2018.
Participants to the webinar were first introduced to examples of innovative powertrain technologies currently under development for reducing fuel consumption, before taking part in a discussion on expected challenges in order to define common issues faced by predictive powertrain technologies in general.
Issues that have been identified on this occasion will be addressed during a stakeholder forum meeting that will take place on 17 September 2018 on the first day of the ITS World Congress in Copenhagen (date to be confirmed).
In addition to the optiTruck project presentation, guest speakers at the webinar hailed from the ORCA and IMPERIUM projects funded under the European Union Horizon 2020 research programme, as well as from the VPRO – Vehicle Routing and Powertrain co-Optimization project, financed by the United States Energy Department under the NEXTCAR research programme.
Click on the links below to download the presentations:
- Welcome to the optiTruck stakeholders webinar, by Jean-Charles Pandazis
- optiTruck approach on challenges facing predictive powertrain technologies, by Jean-Charles Pandazis
- Implementation of Powertrain control for Economic, low Real driving emissions and fuel Consumption (IMPERIUM), by Alois Danninger
- Optimised Real-world Cost-Competitive Modular Hybrid Architecture for Heavy Duty Vehicles (ORCA), by Steven Wilkins
- VPRO and Cloud Connected Delivery Vehicle Project: Challenges Facing Predictive Powertrain Technologies, by Will Northrop
- Overview, discussion and questions, by Jean-Charles Pandazis
- Jean-Charles Pandazis (ERTICO, BE), optiTruck coordinator
- Alois Danninger (AVL, AT), IMPERIUM coordinator
- Steven Wilkins (TNO, NL), ORCA coordinator
- Will Northrop (University of Minnesota, USA), VPRO coordinator