The goal of optiTruck is to bring together the most advanced technologies from powertrain control and intelligent transport systems in order to achieve a global optimum for consumption of fuel (at least 20% reduction) as well as other energy sources and consumables while achieving Euro VI emission standards for heavy duty road haulage (40t).
The optiTruck project runs from September 2016 to August 2019. It is a co-funded by the Horizon 2020 Programme of the European Union.
- Develop demonstrators to be tested in real environment: i.e. trucks equipped with real-time emission monitoring connected together with other sensors or data sources to the powertrain control unit of the truck for further processing (data fusion/predictive module) (to be on-line with Euro VI)
- Develop predictive intelligent modules based on predictive navigation and other environmental data
- Develop software for the fusion and the optimisation of engine calibration mapping and powertrain control
- Carry out real-environment trials with two demonstrators... a. One truck equipped with the current state-of-the-art techniques to collect the consumptions of fuel and other consumables to be used as the baseline data; b. One truck equipped with the proposed system to demonstrate on real road the reduction of fuel and emissions under different transport missions.
- Undertake validation and impact assessment to show the minimum 20% fuel reduction
- Develop strategies for larger deployment of the proposed system within and beyond the project